A global industrial services company was facing challenges related to visibility, optimization and traceability of service quotes provided to customers.
The company was using multiple legacy systems, manual spreadsheets, and email to quote customers from localized district and regional offices.
They engaged MRE to develop a single solution to centralize products, quoting, and pricing to standardize processes and implement approval controls, enabling the sales organization to enforce and measure against revenue targets.
- Inconsistent quoting capabilities and processes, which included manual spreadsheets
- Lack of corporate visibility/oversight on quoted commitments
- Revenue leakage due to sub-optimal pricing
- Margin leakage due to lack of standardized pricing/costs, and central management of master services agreements
- Limited reporting capabilities and visibility
MRE implemented an enterprise Salesforce (CRM) with CPQ (configure, price, quote) solution for real-time quoting based on integrated pricing from their ERP system, which enabled standardized business processes for quoting, approvals, and reporting.
- Standardized quoting process with margins controls and manager approvals
- Single source of truth for the product catalog and pricing of quotes during sales process for all of North America
- Standardized quote documents and terms and conditions to reduce risk and financial exposure
- Detailed reports and dashboard to view performance at a Sales Rep, Divisional, VP or Enterprise level
The executive leadership team realized value immediately with greater visibility into the financial pipeline and risks across North America. Centralized management of products, pricing and cost allowed Sales to respond to their customers faster improving their win rate.
Key Benefits Included:
- Salesforce CPQ simplified the pricing configuration facilitating pricing and quoting accuracy
- Advanced approval enforced appropriate controls based on defined business rules, for both simple and complex deals with exceptions
- Implemented Conga with Salesforce CPQ to leverage standardized quote templates with corporate approved stipulations, terms and conditions
- Integrated Salesforce with the ERP, as the system of record, using Dell Boomi for the product catalog, pricing and invoicing