VP of information technology, utility industry
MRE is an excellent organization
The client’s PMO director resigned following the announcement of an office move. This left a significant gap in the client’s organizational structure during a critical time for their success as a company. Competition, industry impacts, and other external factors created a high sense of urgency to fill this position and improve associated business processes.
Provide an interim IT Portfolio Director to deliver objectives
Provide an interim IT Portfolio Director to deliver objectives:
- Serve as the portfolio director for an IT portfolio in excess $2MM, managing stakeholders and priorities across front, mid and back office
- Lead a team of ten business analysts, software developers and project managers responsible for executing projects in the IT portfolio, along with multiple external vendor relationships, providing staffing, services and software
- Manage portfolio stakeholders as well as overall budgets, risks, timelines, resources, and scope
- Provide staff augmentation services (software development) to support critical business systems during a period of attrition
IT Portfolio resources were delivered on-time and on budget.
Key benefits included:
- Integrated new resource into client org while satisfying all project objectives
- Process improvements/efficiencies were realized as a result of the new resource
- Position successfully transitioned to a full-time resource