A government agency desired to establish a new strategy within their IT support organization to centralize support resources, standardize processes, and streamline existing support contracts.
They wanted to consolidate their IT support at the top level by rolling support up from field and regional office levels, as well as 25+ agencies within the organization. This also required reducing the number of overall support contracts by addressing many individual contracts.
The scope of the government contract included numerous offices all across the country that would require significant change management activities.
This required transitioning IT support from the individual agencies at each location and implementing a consolidated IT end user support organization. MRE supported the transformation through:
- Identifying existing personnel available to hire in new organization
Developing a comprehensive staffing model
- Interviewing and hiring available qualified personnel
- Recruiting and hiring additional personnel to fill gaps
This project allowed the organization to implement a new centralized IT support organization that lowered costs and enabled the agency to serve more customers in less time.
At the largest office, MRE provided significant efforts to identify and hire 25+ new personnel in a short period of time.
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings overall. At the largest office, rating increased from 50% to 98%.
- Reduced the support ticket backlog from 600 to 40.
- Dedicated IT support organization, including for IT infrastructure.