What does a Salesforce Architect do?
Salesforce Architects build and deliver intelligent and robust solutions for clients. They lead technical requirements sessions, act as a liaison between clients and development staff, architect and document solutions, and develop interfaces between Salesforce and other systems. Architects design and guide the delivery of large programs of work or multiple client engagements. As a leader, they design scalable solutions, provide expert assistance to guide the team, and train/mentor individuals.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverages the entire Salesforce product suite and Salesforce best practices for the platform
- Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the Salesforce platform
- Manage technical scopes and client expectations
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
- Must be able to delegate and lead the work
- Design and manage the execution of test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership
- Be a credible subject matter expert to clients and partners on sales cycles and marketing events
- Provide detailed estimates
- Coach and mentor junior technical resources; own responsibility for ongoing technical development of technical resources on Salesforce projects
- Knowledgeable on the Salesforce product roadmap and features being deployed in maintenance releases
- Provide Salesforce recommended best practices for the platform
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
You are a senior Salesforce professional, with experience across Salesforce platform, customer experience strategy, and custom development solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems
- 5+ years of CRM industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of Salesforce platform experience (5+ years preferred)
- Expert understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce Mobile, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Lightning design, and the App Exchange
- Configuration experience using the Salesforce point-and-click developer interface
- Understanding of the Salesforce APIs for integration and data migration activities in Salesforce
- Strong background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills
- Multiple active Salesforce Certifications related to the architect path
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect or Salesforce Certified System Architect is a plus
I like Flows a lot because you don’t have to be a developer to create a Flow which enables you to automate complex business processes. When you’re creating a Flow, you’re thinking like a Developer, but you don’t know it.
What to Expect at MRE?
Learn from experienced solution architects who have delivered for different industries from energy to healthcare and for companies from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Be part of a team that is intellectually curious, enjoys problem solving, collaborate, and have fun together. Come together with co-workers through regular social events.
Learn when to leverage clicks over code and best practices when custom building on the platform. Develop your skills through training and certifications, while actively taking part in knowledge sharing at practice all-hands meetings.
Get active and competitive: Team MRE, we work together, ride together, and support the community together.
Be rewarded for driving results for your clients, practice, and company. Our meritocratic recognition philosophy reflects in our competitive compensation structure.
Work with people who are passionate about putting the customer at the center of the experience and leveraging the Salesforce platform to make all things possible.